一名学生的校外毕业典礼走红 分享到
Student's Off-Campus Graduation Ceremony Goes Viral 2020-06-1118810

中英
Việt-Anh
ไทย-อังกฤษ
英文

双击原文单词查看解释

原文跟读

Trent Johnson jr. just celebrated his graduation from medical school in Ohio with a ceremony at his parents home in Florida.
小特伦特·约翰逊刚刚在佛罗里达的父母家举行了毕业典礼,庆祝他从俄亥俄医学院毕业。
Johnson had to get creative
约翰逊自己举行了毕业典礼。
ever since his school and others across the country had to close due to the deadly coronavirus.
由于致命的冠状病毒,他的学校和全国各地的学校都关闭了。
I learned a couple weeks before my actual ceremony that the school was canceling it.
在我的毕业典礼前几周,我就知道学校已经取消了。
And I was absolutely devastated because for me graduation was a time for me that
我彻底崩溃了,因为毕业典礼对我来说
not only celebrate my accomplishments but to celebrate with my family, my friends and my cousins and I couldnt do that.
不仅是庆祝我完成学业,并且和我的家人、朋友和表兄弟们一起庆祝,但是做不了了。
So Johnson and his family improvised.
所以约翰逊和他的家人即兴发挥。
It was really sort of an all-hands-on-deck.
这真是所有人一起做。
My friend helped me create a website so that all of my family
我的朋友帮我创建了一个网站
who was flying into Columbus originally still could celebrate virtually.
让原本打算飞往哥伦布的我的家人仍然可以庆祝。
My entire family they are best to make the living room look as special as possible given its circumstances.
考虑到这个情况,全家做到了最好,让客厅看起来尽可能特别。
All I can say is we got it as a dog, man.
我只能说我们很满意。
In the end I felt like the moment I shared in that living room with my family and friends all over the world.
最后,我在客厅里和我的家人和世界各地的朋友分享那一刻。
Theres nothing that could have replaced that special moment.
没有什么能取代那个特殊的时刻。
The video of his ceremony went viral.
他的毕业典礼视频在网上疯传。
My twitter has almost a half a million views.
我的推特几乎有50万次的浏览量。
He was on the news.
他上了新闻。
With his family proudly cheering him and he was featured in the New York Times.
他的家人自豪地为他欢呼,他被《纽约时报》报道。
And I remember picking up the newspaper and unfolding it and seeing my face
我记得我拿起报纸,打开它,看到了我自己
and thinking wow I not only became a doctor, but I encouraged and inspired people all over the world
想一想,哇,我不仅成为了一名医生,而且我鼓励和鼓舞了全世界的人们。
to celebrate their accomplishments and follow their dreams that if that was truly an incredible moment.
庆祝他们的成就,追寻他们的梦想,如果那是一个难以置信的时刻。
Becoming a doctor has been a lifelong dream for Johnson
成为一名医生是约翰逊一生的梦想。
who was the first male in his family to graduate from medical school.
他是他家族中第一个从医学院毕业的男性。
I grew up in an area where people will have low socioeconomic class
我在一个社会经济地位落后的地区长大
and I knew that thats the type of community I wanted to serve.
我知道这就是我想要服务的社区。
Now as a medical resident at Johns Hopkins Hospital in the city of Baltimore he an opportunity to do just that.
现在,作为巴尔的摩市约翰霍普金斯医院的一名住院医生,他有机会这么做。
I really like the the community of Baltimore and I remember walking out of the hospital Hopkins
我真的很喜欢巴尔的摩社区,我记得我走出了霍普金斯医院
and seeing the surroundings and thinking well even the people that Im passionate about helping.
看到周围的环境,想到这就是那些我热爱帮助的人。
As Johnson settles into his new surroundings and his new city
当约翰逊在他的新环境和新城市定居时
he will continue to spread his message of hope and inspiration.
他将继续传播他的希望和鼓励的信息。
I hope I inspire so many young boys and girls to follow their dreams.
我希望我能激励这么多的男孩和女孩去追寻他们的梦想。
Julie Taboh VOA news
Julie Taboh VOA报道

点击加载更多

我的生词本