外国学生运动员因签证而被拒绝支付报酬 分享到
Foreign Student Athletes See Visas Overrule Pay 2021-08-0319705

中英
Việt-Anh
ไทย-อังกฤษ
英文

双击原文单词查看解释

原文跟读

Until recently college athletes could not be compensated beyond scholarships,
最近,大学运动员除了奖学金之外不能获得补偿,
but the National Collegian Athletic Association (or NCAA) changed that after a June ruling by the US supreme court,
但全美大学生体育协会(NCAA)在美国最高法院6月的一项裁决后改变了这一点,
said such policies violate antitrust laws.
说这样的政策违反了反垄断法。
Now American student athletes can be paid under a rule known as NIL
现在,美国学生运动员可以根据一项被称为NIL的规则获得报酬,
which stands for Name, Image and Likeness for things like autographs advertisements or merchandise.
NIL是“名字、形象和肖像”的缩写,是签名、广告或商品等的代名词。
But the rules impact on international student athletes isnt clear yet.
但这些规定对国际学生运动员的影响还不清楚。
I mean I dont get the difference between international student athlete and American besides nationality,
我的意思是,除了国籍,我不明白国际学生运动员和美国运动员有什么不同,
but at the end of the day we all humans all have this.
但归根结底,我们所有人都有这一点。
I dont get how your nationality should play a role.
我不明白你的国籍应该起什么作用。
Student visas held by players like Terence Fall, a native of France, limit how much foreign students can earn.
来自法国的特伦斯·福尔等球员持有的学生签证限制了外国学生的收入。
If the football player at Brigham Young University profited from his NIL, it could jeopardize his visa status to remain in the US.
如果这位杨百翰大学的足球运动员从NIL中获利,可能会危及他留在美国的签证身份。
Immigration attorney Rob Seiger has advised universities and athletic programs.
移民律师罗伯·席格曾为大学和体育项目提过建议。
He says international student athletes should handle the new rule with caution.
他说,国际学生运动员应该谨慎对待新规则。
Really really be careful about it because you know a lot of players come here.
真的,真的,真的要小心,因为你知道很多球员都会来这里。
Theyre not only here to gain their education but you know depending on your sport,
他们来这里不仅是为了接受教育,而且你知道,这取决于你的运动,
eventually maybe get you know looked at drafted and moved to another piece.
最终可能会让你被选中并被转移到另一个地方。
You just dont want to do anything to impact your future in the short term.
你只是不想在短期内做任何影响你未来的事情。
Sports attorney Dan Lust says if an international student athlete receives payment,
体育律师丹·卢斯特表示,如果一名国际学生运动员收到报酬,
it could impact their eligibility to play and their immigration status.
这可能会影响他们的比赛资格和移民身份。
Its a very slippery slope and anytime right you dont have the answer to a question and your eligibility is at stake.
这是一种滑坡效应,任何时候你都不知道问题的答案,你的资格就岌岌可危。
Potentially your status to stay in America is at stake.
你留在美国的地位可能岌岌可危。
I think you stay clear of these things.
我想你不要插手这些事情。
Fall says he is confident that NIL rules will eventually allow international athletes to be paid,
福尔表示,他有信心,NIL规则最终将允许国际运动员获得报酬,
but plans to move carefully if he is offered a deal.
但如果能达成协议,他将谨慎行事。
I would talk to them and then see what are my rights and what Im able to do,
我会和他们谈谈,然后看看我有什么权利,我能做些什么,
and then if it ends up saying that it would affect my playing of football, then I wouldnt do it.
如果最终说这会影响我的比赛,那我就不会这么做了。
I wouldnt put no money over football.
我不会在足球上下注的。
Universities have been unable to offer guidance because the position of the US citizenship and immigration service remain murky.
大学一直无法提供指导,因为美国公民和移民服务局的地位仍然不明朗。
He just dont know what the governments meaning on immigration is how theyre ultimately going to come down on this.
他只是不知道政府在移民问题上的意义是什么,他们最终将如何处理这个问题。
Lust says all students domestic and international should be careful when considering an NIL deal.
卢斯特说,所有国内和国际学生在考虑零交易时都应该小心。
So nothing is set in stone and you really should be questioning everything that you assign and really assuming nothing.
所以没有什么是一成不变的,你真的应该质疑你得到的一切,真的不要奢望任何东西。
Connor Smith for VOA news Washington
VOA新闻,康纳·史密斯华盛顿报道

点击加载更多

我的生词本