洛杉矶警方将逮捕骚扰他人的不戴口罩的抗议者 分享到
LA Police Will Arrest Anti-Mask Protestors Who Harass Others 2021-01-3120150

中英
Việt-Anh
ไทย-อังกฤษ
英文

双击原文单词查看解释

原文跟读

Since August, people who refuse to wear face masks in Los Angeles have to pay a fine of up to 2000 dollars.
自8月以来,在洛杉矶拒绝戴口罩的人要缴纳高达2000美元的罚款。
Despite that, there are people who still refused to wear masks,
尽管如此,还是有人拒绝戴口罩,
despite scientific evidence the coverings help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
尽管有科学证据证实口罩有助于防止冠状病毒的传播。
Roman Drake is one of them.
罗曼·德雷克就是其中之一。
He doesnt wear a mask and believes the strict regulations are a way to control people, not keep them safe.
他不戴口罩,认为严格的规定是为了控制人们,而不是保护他们的安全。
I feel like some of the reactions Ive seen from these people.
我觉得我从这些人身上看到了一些反应。
Its some kind of submission or something to get along with our current society.
是一种屈服或者是为了和我们现在的社会相处。
You have to do what they want you to do, and I dont want to do it.
你必须按他们的要求去做,而我不想这么做。
You know, thats not American.
你知道,那很不美国。
Its not the way I grew up.
我不是这样长大的。
Los Angeles police have been criticized in the past for being too lenient towards anti-maskers,
洛杉矶警方过去一直被批评对不戴口罩者过于宽容,
but officers say they try not to escalate the situation unnecessarily.
但警方表示,他们尽量避免不必要地使局势升级。
Most people who do wear masks say they do it not only to protect themselves but also to protect the community.
大多数戴口罩的人说,他们这样做不仅是为了保护自己,也是为了保护社区。
I feel like its safe for me and for other people too.
我觉得这对我和其他人都是安全的。
I mean, we never know,
我是说,我们永远不会知道,
because I know friends and relatives who got test negative,
因为我知道有亲戚朋友的检测结果呈阴性,
I mean positive with a different having symptoms themselves, I still feel I
我的意思是阳性的有不同的症状,我仍然觉得我…
If you care about other people, you should definitely wear masks.
如果你关心别人,你一定要戴上口罩。
These things work, so wear it.
这种东西很管用,戴上吧。
You know what I mean?
你懂我说的意思吗?
Like, yeah, open up the businesses, but at least do this for other people.
比如,对,开一家店,但至少也要为别人做这件事。
Los Angeles county recently became the nations first to surpass one million coronavirus infections,
洛杉矶县最近成为美国首个冠状病毒感染人数超过100万的县,
with COVID-19 related deaths coming every seven minutes.
每7分钟就有一例与COVID-19相关的死亡。
So masks are more important than ever, say authorities.
因此,有关部门表示,戴口罩比以往任何时候都重要。
Now is the time to avoid as much as possible contact with others that arent in your household.
现在是时候尽量避免与不是你家里的人接触了。
When you must go out to work, or for essential services,
当你必须外出工作或获得必要的服务时,
always wear a mask, keep your distance from others.
要戴上口罩,与他人保持距离。
Statistics suggest almost seventy five percent of Americans support mask wearing,
统计数据显示,几乎75%的美国人支持戴口罩,
while some ignore those who dont.
而有些人则无视那些不戴口罩的人。
Others dont hesitate to call the police.
其他人毫不犹豫地报警。
Weve been going to have Beverly Hills rally ever.
我们一直在贝弗利山集会。
We go to the Beverly Hills every Saturday.
我们每个星期六都去贝弗利山。
We dont wear masks.
我们不戴口罩。
Just this last Saturday,we did have a woman go to the police and try to get them to give us a ticket,they want to do it.
就在上周六,我们确实有个女人去报警,想让他们给我们开罚单,他们想这么做。
Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti is trying to deal with that problem.
洛杉矶市长埃里克·加西蒂正试图解决这个问题。
He addressed the anti-maskers through the LA Times newspaper ,
他通过《洛杉矶时报》向反对戴口罩的人发表了讲话,
saying dont test us on this,because you will find yourself in jail, cited or dealing with prosecution.
别在这个问题上考验我们,因为你会发现自己被关进监狱、被传讯或者被起诉。
Garcetti also gave orders to the city police to arrest those who participate in large parties which are officially banned in LA.
加西蒂还命令该市警方逮捕那些参加洛杉矶官方禁止的大型派对的人。
Angelina Bagdasaryan has the story in Los Angeles, Anna Rice, VOA news
VOA新闻,安吉丽娜·博格达萨丽安在洛杉矶为您撰写,安娜·赖斯报道。

点击加载更多

我的生词本