新主持人海迪·亚当斯讲述她自己的故事 分享到
The New Host: Hayde Adams 2021-06-0519584

中英
Việt-Anh
ไทย-อังกฤษ
英文

双击原文单词查看解释

原文跟读

My earliest understanding of apartheid as a child
我小时候对种族隔离的最早理解
was much more about the magnitude of the resistance to apartheid the nationwide uprisings.
更多的是关于反对种族隔离全国规模的起义。
You know, I spent part of my childhood in Venturk Namibia.
你知道,我童年的一部分时间都是在纳米比亚的文图尔克度过的。
When we returned to South Africa in the late 1980s, South Africa was burning.
当我们在20世纪80年代末回到南非时,南非正在燃起熊熊烈火。
I was living in the townships at the time at the height of the riots.
在暴乱最严重的时候,我住在镇上。
There was tension.
局势非常紧张。
There was chaos.
局面相当混乱。
I was among the first cohort of South African students
我是首批南非学生中的一员,
to have our primary and secondary schooling under apartheid so-called gutter education system.
在种族隔离的所谓贫民窟教育制度下接受小学和中学教育。
When I finished high school in 1994,
1994年我高中毕业时,
we suddenly had access to quality tertiary education, apprenticeships, job opportunities.
我们突然有机会获得高质量的高等教育、学徒和就业机会。
And we were actually being encouraged to pursue the kind of careers we never even dared dream about.
事实上,我们被鼓励去追求那些我们从来不敢梦想的职业。
And today I am a very proud beneficiary of that period of time that investment and access to jobs.
今天,我是那段时间一个非常自豪的受益者,有大量的投资和就业机会。
It really set us up for success in our careers both at home in South Africa and abroad.
那真的为我们在南非国内和国外的事业成功奠定了基础。
I began my career in radio covering really local issues in and around my home city of Cape Town.
我的职业生涯开始于广播电台,报道家乡开普敦及其周边地区的问题。
I covered crime, policing, housing shortages,problems with service delivery, local elections, labor union strikes, you name it.
我报道过犯罪、治安、住房短缺、服务交付、地方选举、工会罢工问题,你能想到的都有。
And I felt really comfortable covering these stories.
我觉得报道这些故事时我很自然。
I grew up in the townships.
我在镇上长大。
I was very familiar with the issues and I spoke the predominant language,
我对这些问题非常熟悉,我说的是主流语言,
but I think more importantly,I knew how to speak to people
但我认为更重要的是,我知道怎么跟人说话
and I understood the context of their stories and of their lives
我了解他们的故事和生活的背景,
because it was my context and part of my story.
因为这是我的背景,也是我故事的一部分。
As journalists we often meet people during the worst times of their lives.
作为记者,我们经常遇到生活中最艰难的人。
And the way I was trained in African journalism is that we have this responsibility
我在非洲新闻领域接受的培训是,我们有这个责任
to use what we have our microphones, our cameras, our platforms
用我们现有的东西我们的麦克风、摄像头、平台
to tell the stories of those communities that are living on the margins
讲述那些生活在边缘社区的故事
who are so often ignored and we could help make their voices heard by those in power and hold the powerful to account.
他们经常被忽视,我们可以帮助他们让当权者听到他们的声音,并让有权势的人承担责任。
If I think about what informs my reporting,
如果我想想是什么让我报道这些的,
I would say its the variety of experiences that Ive had growing up,
我会说这是我成长过程中的各种经历,
whether it be the politics of my home country or my personal and professional experiences
无论是我的祖国政治,还是我的个人和职业经历,
as a woman of color, as a child survivor of domestic violence,
作为一名有色人种女性,一名当时暴力的幸存者,
as someone who has had to climb out of poverty
作为一个必须摆脱贫困的人,
who was raised by a single mother
一个被单身母亲养大的人,
who was unemployed for a long time,
她失业了很长时间,
you know as someone who has faced racial and gender discrimination more times than I care to count, you know,
你知道,作为一个经历过无数次种族和性别歧视的人,
but also someone who comes from a place that is almost always portrayed through the lens of its crises and its problems
她来自一个几乎总是通过镜头来描绘危机和问题的地方,
instead of what its people have overcome and accomplished in spite of what they have had to endure.
这个地方的人民克服了种种困难,完成了一些成就,尽管他们经历了种种磨难。
So when I became the Southern Africa correspondent for European news channel France 24,
所以当我成为欧洲新闻频道法国24小时的驻南非记者时,
I was so grateful for that opportunity
我很感激有机会
because I could help change perceptions about the place that I was from.
因为我可以帮助改变人们对我的家乡的看法。
Youre watching Our Voices. Welcome back.
你正在收看“我们的声音”,欢迎回来。
Being on Our Voices was an interesting experience
“我们的声音”节目是一档有意思的经历,
because this show allowed us to focus on women.
因为这个节目让我们关注女性。
I dont like to think of them as womens issues
我不喜欢认为这是女性的问题
because you know if women hold up half the sky,then every issue is a womans issue.
因为你知道如果女性能撑起半边天,那么每一个问题都是女性的问题。
But this was a really interesting experience for me
但这对我来说是一次非常有意思的经历,
because I was able to go back and travel to various countries on the continent in Southern Africa, East Africa, West Africa
因为我可以回去到非洲大陆的各个国家去旅行,包括南非、东非和西非,
and really hear what our audiences especially the women wanted to see in our programming.
真正听到我们的观众,尤其是女性想在我们的节目中看到什么。
It confirmed to me something
它向我证实了一些事情:
that Ive always known and believed that our stories are more powerful when they feature the voices,
我一直知道并相信,当我们的故事以观众的声音为特色时,会更有力量,
I mean the actual voices of people directly affected by an issue: legislation or a situation.
我指的是直接受到立法或情况影响的人们的实际声音。
So its important that we remain inclusive.
所以重要的是我们要保持包容性。
It speaks to that slogan for me when I really like "Nothing About Us Without Us."
我真的很喜欢“没有我们就什么都没有”,这句话正好印证了我的口号。
My vision for Straight Talk Africa moving forward and what I hope to accomplish:
我对“直言非洲”未来发展的愿景以及我希望实现的目标是:
I want to cover the society, the culture, the future, the diversity of Africa,
我想要报道非洲的社会、文化、未来和多样性,
whats now and whats next and how Africans experience the world around them,
现在是什么、未来是什么、非洲人是如何体验他们周围的世界的,
how people interact with power whether it be on the continent or in the Diaspora.
人们如何与当权者互动,无论是在非洲大陆还是在海外。
You know Africans are living and contributing to economies all over the world.
你知道,非洲人生活在世界各地,并为世界经济做出了贡献。
I dont think theres a single global conversation that we can have today that does not involve the continent.
我不认为今天我们可以进行一次不涉及非洲大陆的全球对话。
And my goal really is to look at the human angle,the human consequence and the human impact of all these issues
我的目标是从人类的角度来看,所有这些问题对人类产生的后果和影响,
that we say are pressing and to look at it through the lens of good reporting,
这很紧迫,我们要通过良好的报道视角来看待这一切,
so we can hear these stories first hand from the people who are in the thick of things and on the front lines.
我们可以从那些身处困境和一线的人们那里听到这些第一手的故事。

点击加载更多

我的生词本