获释犯人培训中心 分享到
Training Center for Former Inmates 2019-11-2229058

中英
Việt-Anh
ไทย-อังกฤษ
英文

双击原文单词查看解释

原文跟读

I never had a real job.
我从来没有一份真正的工作。
This is my first meaningful job,so it means so much to me.
这是我第一份有意义的工作,所以对我来说意义重大。
I’m a certified automotive technician.
我是一名合格的汽车技师。
I got a promising future like now that I’ve got a career.
现在我有了事业,我有一个很有前途的未来。
I got financially stable and I’m going continue to excel in this field of automotive.
我的财务状况很稳定,我将继续在汽车领域取得优异的成绩。
I’ve been incarcerated since I was 15.
我15岁就被关进监狱了。
I served 21 years. I was caught up in a drug trade.
我服刑21年。原因是我卷入了毒品交易。
My offense was first-degree murder and first degree assault.
我被判一级谋杀和一级袭击。
I was 37 when I got released.
我被释放的时候37岁。
The day I was released from prison this February, I felt anxious, I felt nervous, I felt happy and also felt sad too.
今年二月,我从监狱被释放的那天,我感到焦虑,我感到紧张,我感到快乐,也感到悲伤。
I learned that my father had passed away the night before.
我得知我的父亲在前一天晚上去世了。
So I had a whole bunch of feelings wrapped up in one.
我百感交集。
But the main thing that I held onto is that I gotta be a success, I gotta do what’s right.
但我最看重的是我要成功,我要做正确的事。
I got to not lose focus on my present moment.
我要集中精力做我现在的事情。
That motivated me to come out here and work hard and show people that we do have second chances.
这激励我来到这里,努力工作,向人们展示我们还有第二次机会。
I founded the Full Circle Auto Repair and Training Center in 2015 in Halethorpe Maryland just outside of Baltimore City.
2015年,我在马里兰州巴尔的摩市外的哈勒索普建立了名为全循环汽车维修和培训中心。
This program takes individuals who were previously incarcerated and we train them to be auto mechanics,and then find them jobs in the community and dealerships and in local garages and help them build a careers.
这个项目把被释放的囚犯培训成汽车机械师,然后在社区、经销商和当地的汽车修理厂为他们找工作,帮助他们发展事业。
Another great thing about this program is that along with schooling and getting our certifications, they pay us.
这个项目的另一个好处是,除了上学和获得认证外,他们还支付我们工资。
They pay us to learn because they know that we’re coming home and it’s hard, you know.
他们付钱让我们学习,因为他们知道我们会回来,这很不容易。
We’re here eight hours, so we get paid eight hours for being in here.
我们在这里工作8个小时,然后获得8个小时的报酬。
They prepare us for workforce someday we’re going into.
他们为我们将来成为劳动力做准备。
So I’m definitely appreciative of that.
所以我非常感激。
We have over two million people currently incarcerated in this country and more than 600,000 are released from prison every year.
我们国家目前有200多万人入狱,每年有60多万人出狱。
Close to seventy five percent of individuals who are released from prison wind up going back within five to eight years.
近75%的出狱人员最终会在5到8年内再次入狱。
But the biggest reason for individuals going back to prison, there’s actually several of them.
但实际上有几个再次入狱的最主要原因。
For one thing when they get out of prison, they get sent back to the neighborhood for the most part where they committed a crime.
一方面,当他们从监狱出来,被送回社区,那里主要是他们曾经犯罪的地方。
They don’t have a job.
他们没有工作。
They have to make a living somehow and they have very few skills and in our country there’s it’s real difficult to get a job if you have a criminal background.
他们要谋生,但是没有什么技能,在我们国家,如果你有犯罪背景,很难找到工作。
So we really set people up for going back to prison.
所以是我们设置了障碍让他们再次入狱。
Full Circle is a part of Vehicles for Change program where we receive donated vehicle.
全循环汽车维修和培训中心是车辆更换计划的一部分,我们接受捐赠的车辆。
Fixing these cars, I become real passionate because I know these cars given to low-income families.
修理这些车,我变得非常有激情,因为我知道这些车是给低收入家庭的。
That makes me happy or that makes me proud knowing that I’m helping a family so they can get to their destinations in a safety manner with these vehicles.
这让我感到高兴,也让我感到自豪,因为我知道我在帮助一个家庭,这样他们就可以安全地乘坐这些车辆到达目的地。
Since 2015 when we started the program we’ve had 120 interns come through our training program.
自2015年我们开始这个项目以来,已经有120名实习生通过我们的培训项目。
We’ve had a 100% placement rate. so every single person who’s graduated from this program has gotten a full-time job where they can afford to take care of their families.
我们的就业率是100%。所以每一个从这个项目结业的人都找到了一份全职工作,可以照顾他们的家庭。
They can buy a house.
他们可以买房子。
They can be active citizens in the community.
他们可以是社区里活跃的公民。
I’m married to my childhood sweetheart.
我和青梅竹马的恋人结婚了。
I met her when I was 12 she was 11.
我12岁时遇见她,那时她11岁。
We even known each other for 24 years.
我们甚至已经认识了24年。
She had been a strong support and my success.
她是我成功的坚强后盾。
Coming from where I come from being incarcerated for 21 years and come home to a career, helping needy families, yeah I believe I am a success.
我在监狱里呆了21年,回到家里开始了我的事业,帮助有需要的家庭,我相信我是成功的。

点击加载更多

我的生词本