不仅仅是一家餐厅 分享到
Not Just a Diner 2020-06-0928640

中英
Việt-Anh
ไทย-อังกฤษ
英文

双击原文单词查看解释

原文跟读

We are at Bel Aire Diner.
我们在Bel Aire餐厅。
Bel Aire Diner has been in business for about 60 years.
Bel Aire餐厅已经经营大约60年了。
Im born and raised in Astoria, same block and everything.
我在阿斯托里亚出生长大,住在同一个街区。
Astoria is just a cute little community.
阿斯托里亚是一个漂亮的小社区。
I went to high school in Astoria.
我在阿斯托里亚上过高中。
I went to middle school in Astoria.
我在阿斯托里亚上过中学。
I worked here a couple of years ago.
几年前我在这里工作过。
I came back and were all talking.
我回来了,我们都在聊天。
And they were talking about the drive-in and how exciting it was to plan it.
他们在谈论免下车汽车影院以及筹划这样一件事是多么令人兴奋。
And then we all came together.
然后我们都走到了一起。
Were really happy that so many people are excited about the event.
我们真的很高兴有这么多人对这一事件感到兴奋。
It sold out yesterday in two minutes.
昨天两分钟就卖完了。
I wish I could fit a thousand people in the parking lot.
我希望我的停车场能容纳一千人。
I wish I could fit everybody in there, but were very grateful for it.
我希望我能把每个人都安排进去,我们非常感激。
When I saw the drive-in, I thought it was a great idea.
当我看到免下车餐厅时,我觉得这是个好主意。
It was a good use of the space that they have here,
很好地利用了这里的空间,
since theres a parking lot here,to get people to be socially distant but still get to enjoy,
因为这里有个停车场,可以让人们在社交上保持距离,但仍然可以享受,
like, use their food and do something a little bit more fun than what weve been able to do.
比如,他们用餐时做一些比以前更有趣的事情。
Hi guys.Can I just see the reservation?
嗨,伙计们。我能看看预约吗?
All right.
好的。
Perfect.
完美。
Mary, Mary Chun,I got you right here.
玛丽,玛丽?珍,我就在这里。
Okay, guys.
好了,伙计们。
Enjoy the movie.Okay. Thank you.
享受电影吧。好。谢谢。
Astoria is a really wonderful neighborhood.
阿斯托里亚是一个非常好的社区。
Ive lived here for almost 10 years.
我在这里住了将近10年了。
Theres a lot of different types of people here which what I like about it and why I stay here.
这里有很多不同类型的人,他们是我喜欢的地方,也是我为什么呆在这里的原因。
I was born and raised abroad,so Ive never been in a drive-in.
我在国外出生长大,我在国外出生和长大,所以我从来没有到过汽车餐厅。
This is my first time and very excited.
这是我第一次,非常兴奋。
Were very excited.
我们很兴奋。
Our first movie helped first responders.
我们的第一部电影帮助了急救人员。
With every popcorn sold, we had a meal for first responders.
爆米花卖完后,我们为现场急救人员准备了一顿饭。
Our second movie was for our local precinct which is the 114 Precinct which is on Astoria Boulevard.
我们的第二部电影是关于我们当地的警区,也就是阿斯托里亚大道上的114警区。
Basically, were just doing family-friendly, feel-good movies.
基本上,我们只是在拍适合家庭的、让人感觉良好的电影。
I heard about it from my girlfriend.
我从女朋友那里听说的。
She was really excited to go to it because she had never been to a drive-in movie before.
她去看电影真的很兴奋,因为她以前从来没有看过一部电影。
Its a new experience.
这是一种新的体验。
Its not something I havent heard of happening since the 80s.
我从80年代就听说过这样的事情。
And I mostly came just for the experience of going to a drive-in.
我来这里主要是为了体验一下开车进去的感觉。
Getting a drive-in movie is not something you expect to have in New York City,
在纽约,对于开车去电影院看电影,不是很期待
so its kind of nice to have like something that feels very old-fashioned and American.
所以拥有一些非常老式和美国的东西是一种很好的感觉。
When my wife and I were dating years ago, they used to have drive-ins.
几年前我和妻子约会的时候,他们经常有免下车餐馆。
Theyve since then closed them all up and they had some in Long Island, upstate, Westchester.
从那以后,他们就把所有的店都关闭了,在长岛、北部、韦斯特切斯特也有一些。
And we used to go to them often.
我们过去经常去那里。
And, you know, were at a diner.
你知道,我们在一家小餐馆。
Were in a drive-in theater.
我们在电影院里。
Were going to have some burgers, I think.
我想我们要吃汉堡了。
And were watching a movie about baseball.
我们正在看一部关于棒球的电影。
So, its the quintessential kind of American, you know, evening tonight.
所以,今晚这是典型的美国人,你知道。
All credit to the Bel Aire Diner.
这都要归功于Bel Aire餐厅。
One of my favorite movies like, is Ferris Buellers Day Off.
我最喜欢的电影之一是《春天不是读书天》。
I mean, hopefully in the future, we have a drive-in of that because its like a classic.
我的意思是,希望在未来,我们会有一个汽车影院,因为它很经典。
I feel like everyone can enjoy that.
我觉得每个人都可以享受。
Well, my favorite movie is Overboard.
嗯,我最喜欢的电影是《落水姻缘》。
Rocket Man was my favorite movie.
《火箭人》是我最喜欢的电影。
Its my favorite movie ever.
这是我最喜欢的电影。
I definitely want to see West Side Story.
我绝对想看《西区故事》。
That would be amazing to see, especially in New York.
看到很惊喜,特别是在纽约。
I would want to see probably Star Wars.
我想看《星球大战》。
For the Dirty Dancing movie—and I actually posted it on our social media—for the second showing.
“肮脏的舞蹈”--我把它贴在了我们的社交媒体上--第二次上映。
Windows mustve been cracked a little bit because it was cooler.
窗户一定要开一点缝,因为它更凉爽。
And as soon as Patrick Swayze lifted her up, everybody started singing.
Patrick Swayze一扶起她,大家就开始唱歌。
Everybody was applauding and laughing.
每个人都在鼓掌大笑。
And it was just such a heartfelt moment.
那真是一个令人感动的时刻。
Everybody was just so happy to be together.
每个人都很高兴能在一起。
And I look forward to those moments every time we do a drive-in.
每次我们开车进去的时候,我都很期待那些时刻。

点击加载更多

我的生词本