改过自新回报社会 分享到
Ex-Con Gives Back 2020-05-1723896

中英
Việt-Anh
ไทย-อังกฤษ
英文

双击原文单词查看解释

原文跟读

Under the Sun in Saleh Morocco sits a free man.
在摩洛哥萨利赫,阳光下坐着一个自由的人。
I have a criminal past.
我有犯罪前科。
I did drugs and crime until I found myself in prison.
我吸毒、犯罪,直到自己被关进了监狱。
Now on the outside, its hard to integrate back into the community.
现在在外面,很难重新融入社区。
They see a scar on your face and they will never look at your personality.
他们看到你脸上的伤疤,就不会去想要了解你这个人。
Elmihndi Noureldeen says something changed after his fourth time behind bars.
埃米恒地·努雷尔丁表示,在他第四次入狱后,情况发生了变化。
He decided he wasnt going back and started making amends with his family and community.
他决定不再回到监狱,他开始向家人和社区进行补偿。
Fixing things with the community meant fixing and cleaning the streets.
他要修复与社区的关系,意味着他要修复和清理街道。
Despite the coronavirus outbreak,Noureldeen checks on the elderly and delivers their medicine free of charge.
尽管爆发了冠状病毒,努雷尔丁仍拜访老年人并为他们免费送药。
I could be infected with the virus, because Im moving around of all day.
我可能会感染病毒,因为我整天都在四处走动。
But God will protect me because he knows I am helping people without waiting on a paycheck.
但是上帝会保护我,因为他知道我在帮助别人,而不求回报。
Seeing changes in his own life,Noureldeen founded a community initiative to help rehabilitate other ex-convicts.
看到他自己的生活发生了变化,努雷尔丁发起了一个社区倡议,帮助其他有前科的人改过自新。
I was in prison 10 years.
我在监狱里呆了十年。
Noureldeen changed in that time.
努雷尔丁在那段时间里发生了变化。
When I got out, I found him painting the streets and planting them.
当我出狱的时候,我发现他正在粉刷街道并在绿化街道。
I even found others who was once on the wrong path volunteering.
我甚至找到了其他曾经误入歧途的人在做志愿者。
So I decided to help and serve our neighborhood.
所以我决定帮助和服务我们的邻居。
Since his release from prison,Noureldeen has even earned an educational certificate in shoe manufacturing.
出狱后,努雷尔丁甚至获得了制鞋业的教育证书。
He says he will continue to stay out of trouble,keep helping his neighbors and beautify his community one brushstroke at a time.
他说,他将继续避免惹上麻烦,继续帮助他的邻居,一步步地美化他的社区。
Arash Arabasadi VOA news Washington
美国之音记者Arash Arabasadi华盛顿报道

点击加载更多

我的生词本