一名医生的视角 分享到
A Doctor's Perspective 2020-07-1916406

中英
Việt-Anh
ไทย-อังกฤษ
英文

双击原文单词查看解释

原文跟读

I first actually got interested in medicine when I was about seven years old.
我七岁的时候第一次对医学开始感兴趣。
I had typhoid fever which is really unusual.
那时我得了一种罕见的伤寒。
I was very sick and I was in the hospital for eighteen days.
我病得很重,在医院住了18天。
After that I felt pulled towards medicine.You know there is something about the chance to take care of people
从那以后,我觉得自己被医学吸引。你知道,有机会去照顾别人
when theyre at their most vulnerable that really spoke to me, that sort of always stuck.
当他们最脆弱的时候,他们还会跟我说话,这种感觉真的令人哽噎。
I dont think that anyone thought in our lifetimes we would see anything like coronavirus.
我想,大概没人会想到我们这辈子还能遇到像新冠肺炎这样的事情。
Life on the COVID wards is both rewarding and tense.
在新冠疫情病房的工作既是有回报的,也是紧张的。
There is an understanding of what this disease is and what it can do.
人们对这种疾病是什么以及它能的危害有了一个基本的了解。
And so, you know the way that we pay attention to
所以,你知道,我们非常注意
donning and doffing the personal protective equipment,the way that we are attentive to how frequently nurses, therapists,
穿脱个人防护装备,我们对护士、治疗师
people who do tests, physicians, go into the rooms,we are very thoughtful about those features.
任何做检查的人和医生进出房间的频率都非常注意,对于这些事情我们必须要考虑周全。
People who are sick and very uncomfortable have the chance to get better.
生病和非常不舒服的人有机会得到好转。
And people do get better.I think that thats an important thing to remember about coronavirus is that
人们确实会好转。我认为,对于新冠肺炎,很重要的一点是,
it is a disease that lots of people can recover from.And I think the chance to be a part of that I think is really rewarding.
这是一种对很多人来说可以治愈的疾病。我认为有机会成为抗疫的其中的一员是非常值得的。
Can I ask you to check your pulse just like this?Put your fingers on your wrist.
我可以检查一下你的脉搏吗?就像这样,用手指摸着你的手腕。
Everyones life has changed as a result of coronavirus
每个人的生活都因新冠肺炎改变了,
and our lives as physicians is no different in that way.And so, switching from an in-office based practice to a virtual practice,
作为医生我们也一样。所以,从办公室办公转到到线上办公,
we were able to do that part relatively quickly.
我们还是转换的比较快的。
And now I worry that my heart patients are scared to seek care
现在我担心我的心脏病患者害怕寻求治疗
because they are worried about getting coronavirus in the hospital.
因为他们担心在医院感染新冠病毒。
And I worry about the patients with coronavirus
我也担心感染新冠病毒的患者,
that they are going to have some devastating complication.
他们将会有一些很严重的并发症。
And so, you worry in both directions which I think is a new feeling for all of us.
所以,现在两种病人你都需要担心,这真的是一种前所未有的感觉。
I think like everybody, my family has ups and downs with the crisis.
我想和所有人一样,我的家庭在疫情中也经历了起起伏伏。
We have a lot of home activities that we plan as a family
我们有很多家庭计划,家庭活动,
to sort of remind each other that this is a moment to pause and enjoy each other.
是想提醒对方要在工作中暂停一下,享受二人时光。
My wife is the champion of that.
我妻子非常擅长做这种规划。
Ready? One, two, three. Nice.
准备好了吗?1,2,3,好球。
Many of us worry about being a vector for our families.I think that that is something thats on all of our minds.
我们中的许多人担心自己会成为家庭的病毒传播媒介。我想这是我们所有人都在担心的事情。
Everyone is a little bit more anxious than they were three months ago
每个人都比以前更加焦虑
and a little bit more stressed.My wife and kids, if something happened to them, it would be devastating.
也更加紧张了。如果我的妻子和孩子出了什么事,那真的是毁灭性的打击。
My greatest fear is that I am going to give it to my parents.
我最担心的是,我可能会传染给我的父母。
They are, you know, in that higher risk category.
你知道,他们是高风险人群。
And we’re cognizant of the risks of being a healthcare worker.
我们都非常清楚,作为一名医护人员会有什么样的风险。
Medical knowledge has undertaken this grand revolution
医学知识带来了这场巨大的变革
in the last two months because of the pandemic.I think that a wider swath of medical professionals have learned
这是我们在过去两个月里的疫情里看到的。我认为更多的医学专业人士已经意识到了
how to quickly interpret data and understand what is good data and bad data
如何快速解释数据并理解什么是好数据和坏数据
in a way that we have never been able to do before.
以一种我们从未有过的方式。
It helped us move faster through the science of coronavirus.
这能帮助我们更快解读新冠病毒。
I think that we are better prepared now than we were two months ago.
我认为,和两个月前相比,我们准备得更充分了。
We will be better prepared in a month than we are now
一个月后我们会比现在准备得更好
because I think that the way that
因为我认为,
we are interpreting and understanding knowledge
我们现在解读和理解知识的方式,
has fundamentally changed in really, really positive ways, in really positive ways.
已经以一种非常积极的方式从根本上改变了,真的是非常积极。

点击加载更多

我的生词本