火灾、食物与救援 分享到:
Fire, Food and Rescue 2020-04-2230806

双击原文单词查看解释

As soon as this happened and the coronavirus started to spread
在新冠肺炎疫情刚开始的时候,
and the word got out that people were going to be initially sequestered at home
就有消息说人们会在家隔离,
and the vulnerable population, our seniors, 65 and older
而弱势群体,包括65岁及以上的老年人
and those with medical, vulnerable medical conditions
还有那些患有基础疾病的人,
were going to be remanded home prior to everybody being home,
必须是最先居家隔离的,
we really wanted to encourage our seniors and those who shouldnt be outside, to stay inside.
我们真的想呼吁老年人和那些不应该在外面的人呆在家里。
And so, we thought, why dont we try to help them by providing essential needs
所以,我们想,可以给他们提供每天的必需品来帮助他们,
and going to the grocery store, picking up their medicine, delivering it to them.
比如去杂货店、帮他们取药然后给他们送到家。
Remember to keep your social distance from these people.
记得和这些人保持安全距离。
We are trying to not get them sick.So, wear a mask.If you dont have one, grab one before you go.
我们不想让他们生病。所以戴上口罩。如果你没有口罩,在这里取了之后再去。
Wear gloves if youd like to.
如果你想戴手套也可以。
I work upstairs in dispatch.So, I never had to wear one of these.
我在楼上的调度处工作。所以我从来没戴过口罩。
We take the order the day prior.The next morning, we have volunteers,
我们在前一天接受求助者的订单。第二天早上,会有志愿者来帮我们,
people that are coming in on their day off and are going to the store,shopping for them and then delivering it to those seniors.
他们都是休息日过来帮忙的,他们会去商店,给老年人买好东西然后送到家里。
Weve helped 60 seniors throughout our community so far.
目前,我们帮助了整个社区的60名老年人。
The service isnt free.We are not buying your groceries for you.
我们不是免费给他们买东西。我们不会自己掏钱买东西然后送给你。
We do front the money.Our Glendale Fire Foundation gave us money to be able to buy groceries upfront
在买之前我们会收到钱。我们的格兰代尔消防基金会会提前给我们钱,然后我们去杂货店买东西,
and then when we deliver them,the senior or the person with a medical condition pays us for the groceries weve bought.
之后送到他们家里,然后老年人或有基础疾病的人就会把买东西的钱给我们。
So, it doesnt cost them anything other than what we bought for them.
所以,他们只需要支付这些商品的费用,其他都免费。
On my list here, I have spinach, asparagus, pineapple.
在我的清单上,要买菠菜,笋子和菠萝。
Youve got to remember that youre touching things with your gloves
你要记住,你是用手套基础这些东西的,
and so you have to get new gloves every so often too, you know,
所以一定要勤换手套,
because if you keep touching things,
因为如果你一直用一副手套碰这碰那,
its just going to keep on infecting everything with your dirty gloves.
手套上的细菌可能会沾到每一个碰过的东西上。
So, its smart to carry around like the hand sanitizer
所以,我们一般都是随身带着洗手液,
and use it often and stuff like that.
经常给手消毒。
Eggplant, broccoli, mushrooms, dry lentil beans, salsa and vegetable broth.
茄子,西兰花,蘑菇,干扁豆,沙拉和蔬菜汤。
And it looks like they are going to make some soup.
看起来他们要做汤。
Oh yeah, the vanilla ice cream! Thats the most important thing.
哦对了,香草冰淇淋,这是最重要的!
Do you want Dreyers or regular? Oh, Dreyers for sure. Yeah.
你是要Dreyer的还是一般的?肯定是Dreyer的啊。
Gotta get the good stuff.
要买就得买好的。
Hes got nothing but, like cleaning supplies. And ice cream.
这一家好像就买了清洁用品。还有冰淇淋。
My dad was a firefighter.My sister is in law-enforcement but I am totally afraid of blood.
我爸爸是个消防员。我姐姐在执法部门工作,但是我这个人很怕血。
Being able to dispatch, I get to help people
能够在调度中心工作,我可以帮助别人,
and I dont have to see blood or deal with any of that.
同时也不用见血。
Hi maam! Is this Donalds caretaker?
您好,女士!请问您是唐纳德的看护人吗?
Hi, its the Glendale Fire Department.I know you had said that you werent going be there until 10:30,
您好,这里是格兰代尔消防局。您之前说10:30才能出来取货,
but Donald asked for ice cream and we dont want it to melt
但唐纳德点了冰淇淋,我们怕冰淇淋化了,
and so, we were wondering if we were able to drop it off now?
所以我们能不能现在就给您呢?
She said he wont understand that he needs to pay and write a check.
她说唐纳德不知道他需要付款和开支票了。
And so, she said shell try to get there around 10:10.
所以,她说她尽量在10:10分来取。
So, he might just have some melted ice cream.
那冰淇淋肯定会融化一点了。
Thats the big thing about dispatches.We are on the phone with these people.
这是调度环节的一个大事儿。我们在打电话
Were helping them give CPR, but we never find out the outcome.
我们帮他们做心肺复苏,但我们永远也不知道结果。
We are always...So, its nice to be able to physically be here and help.
我们总是...觉得能够切实帮助别人真的很好。
You are a blessing, believe me. I thank God for you. Glad we could be here.
你们简直是我的福气,相信我,上帝保佑你们。我们很荣幸。
So basically, its only me and my wife that I see.I dont go to any of my brothers houses or my family members houses.
所以现在只有我的妻子和我一起住。我不去我兄弟或其他家人的那里串门。
I dont see anybody anymore.
我谁也不见了。
For me thats tough because I come from a rather large family
对我来说这很难,因为我来自一个很大的家庭,
and we do family gatherings on a weekly basis.
以前我们每周都要聚一次。
When I go home, Ill have to quarantine myself from my son for a couple days.
当我回家的时候,我要自我隔离好几天,不能见我的儿子。
So, I am not going to be able to see him.
所以,我不会去见他。
So, just like everybody else, I am trying to do my part to limit the spread of this disease.
所以,就像其他人一样,我也在做好我的工作,帮助控制这场疫情的传播。
We were wondering, are you making soup tonight?
我们很好奇,你们家今晚要做汤吗?
Yeah, I thought lentil soup sounded like a very good thing. There you go.
是啊,我今晚想做扁豆汤。东西给你。
…..especially since the weather…..The rain coming…..
特别是现在的天气,马上要下雨了。
To be honest, since I was a child, Ive always wanted to be a firefighter.
老实说,我从小就励志当消防员。
And thats pretty much all I ever knew.So, like there is just something about being a firefighter that just drew me.
这是我毕生的梦想。所以,消防员这个职业有一种魔力,深深吸引了我。
The big equipment, the going into fires, helping people.
那些大型设备,冲进火场拯救生命。
All that stuff just played into who I am as a person and who I wanted to be.
所有这些都影响到我是一个怎样的人和我想成为怎样的人。

点击加载更多