隔离日记 分享到:
Quarantine Diaries 2020-04-2522454

双击原文单词查看解释

The United States works overtime to screen thousands…..
美国正在加班加点检测...
Were grateful….. As lawmakers work on getting more supplies,
我们感谢...美国的议员正在解决物资问题,
they are asking Americans to stay home. Is it working?
同时他们要求美国人居家隔离。隔离有效果吗?
Im here working in my room and Aly is in our bedroom watching TV again.
我在我的房间里工作,艾莉又在我们的卧室里看电视。
Shes five years old and shes in kindergarten.
她五岁了,在上幼儿园。
Everyday its gotten worse.So, up until Friday or up until a few days ago, I thought play dates were okay.
每天情况都越来越糟糕。所以,直到周五或者前几天,我都觉得在家里陪女儿玩挺好的。
Now Im second guessing that.
但是现在我不那么觉得了。
And same thing with these neighborhood girls in fifth grade coming over.
我们邻居家其他五年级的女孩来我们家玩的时候我也会担心。
I thought that would be okay and now Im like second guessing that.
我一开始觉得没什么,但现在不那么想了。
I mean, I guess at some point, we have to realize that
我是说,或许现在我们意识到,
even one-on-one interactions makes a difference,
就连一对一的互动都会有很大影响,
and it would kind of defeat the whole purpose of social isolation.
任何形式的互动都可能让社交隔离前功尽弃。
Its because of the coronavirus.
都是因为冠状病毒。
Do you know what coronavirus is?
你知道什么是冠状病毒吗?
Because you might give people germs.
因为你可能会把细菌传染给别人。
Thats a good answer, sweetie.And then maybe you get people sick, right?
回答的很好亲爱的。所以你可能会让其他人也得病对吗?
And we want to prevent that, correct? Yeah.
我们要防止这种情况,对吧?对。
My husband Sameer and I are really lucky. We get to work from home.
我丈夫萨米尔和我真的很幸运。我们可以在家里工作。
We have so many friends who havent been as fortunate.
但有很多朋友并不这么幸运。
I manage a veterinary hospital.We are considered essential personnel at this time,
我开了一家宠物医院。现在这个时候我们这样的宠物医院是必不可少的,
due to fur babies still needing to be seen.
因为宠物宝宝还需要照顾。
As a health care worker, you know, I never thought I would see something like this in my life.
作为一名医疗工作者,我从没想过我会遇到这样的事情。
Its unprecedented and its been really challenging
现在的疫情是前所未有的,给我们带来了很多挑战。
because while everyone else is working from home,
因为虽然有的人可以在家工作,
Im still going to work at the hospital.
我还是要去医院工作。
Aly, we cant get closer because of the coronavirus.
艾莉,我们不能靠近,因为有冠状病毒。
Youre going to see a lot of my own personal connections and friends in this,
在这场疫情中你会看到我很多朋友和熟人的身影,
just because were all in this together.
因为我们都并肩奋斗。
My husband and I are working from home
我丈夫和我在家工作
and it is challenging because we have two young kids, a toddler and a baby.
生活比较困难,因为我们有两个孩子,一个在蹒跚学步,一个是婴儿。
However, were fortunate that we have our nanny who can still come in.
不过,幸运的是我们的保姆帮了很多忙,她还能进我们房子。
The first thing were doing, were cleaning her desk and going to take it up to my room,
我们要做的第一件事,就是清理她的桌子然后把它搬到我的房间,
so that she can study there while I work.
这样她就可以在我的眼皮子底下学习,而我也可以工作。
Okay, the camera is talking to you.
好的,现在摄像机在跟你说话。
Tell me the truth. Was that your voice?
说实话,这是你的声音吗?
Yes, it was my voice. I was just kidding.
是的,是我的声音。我只是开个玩笑。
This is my new office. Shes my new office mate.We just got everything done, right?
这是我的新办公室,她是我的新同事。我们刚刚完成所以布置,对吗?
What are you doing right now? Are you doing youre A,B,C?
你现在在做什么?在看你的英语吗?
I have four kids. We do schoolwork from like 8 to 10 and then we take a little break.
我有四个孩子。每天8点到10点做作业,然后休息一下。
Through a lot of uncertainty at this point.We have not been given any directions right now.
现在我们经历了很多不确定性。我们还没有得到任何指示。
You can see the Z and I need you to copy that. But what if I might not remember?
你看这个不是写了Z吗,抄下来。可以我记不住怎么办。
But its right there.
但墙上就写着Z。
I might not remember it.
我可能记不住。
Alyssa Leela Gokhale. Please write your Z right now. Right now. Im not writing your Z.
艾莉莎·莱拉·戈哈勒,赶紧把Z抄下来,现在!我不会给你抄的。
Well get back to you.
你跑不掉的。
As Im doing this, Im thinking, okay, I have it.And then Im like, oh my god, another whole block of time just empty.
每次我跟她一起写作业的时候,我都觉得,好吧,尽量去享受。然后觉得,天呐,我又浪费了一大堆时间。
All right, heres to trying again.
好吧,让我们再试一次。
Im literally editing the piece, this piece and shes on my shoulder.
我在编辑这篇文章,但是她骑在我的肩膀上。
(I think we still need something they stay hold...) Were taking a dance break in the middle of working.
(背景音)我们正在工作的间隙里跳舞。
Im at the grocery store. Its 6 AM.
现在是早上六点,我在在杂货店里。
There was a line outside when I came
我来的时候外面有人在排队,
and its just, it wasnt like a huge line,but just having a line at 6 AM at a grocery store, it just, it just made it even more real.
但是并不是很长的队伍,但是早上六点杂货店就有人排队,也太真实了吧。
Its like empty here.
基本上都空了。
Just today, I created a scavenger hunt for her.She loved this idea.
今天我给她设计了一个寻宝游戏。她喜欢这个想法。
Were looking for the voice, the one that goes…..ah ah ah ah. But I was only showing. Im not doing it.
我们要去找那个声音,那个听起来很高的声音。但是我只是在这里陪你,我不会参与。
Were looking for that voice, right?
我们在找这样的声音吗?
Go like this?
这样的吗?
I think one of the hardest parts about all of this is trying to stay calm with your kid
我认为现在最难的就是和你的孩子一起保持镇定,
because, you know, to her we are her center
因为我们就是孩子的中心,
and if act all anxious and scared, then her center is literally disrupted.
如果我们表现出焦虑和恐惧,那他们的中心也就乱了。
But its hard as her center to keep calm sometimes
但有时候我们真的很难保持冷静,
because we dont really know whats going on and.....so we just try our best.
因为我们不知道发生了什么,我们只能尽量做到最好。
But there are moments, there are definitely moments.
但有肯定会有慌张的时候,肯定会有。
We get to feel like were better than you guys.
我们觉得自己比你们好多了。
Kid! Some of the ways that were communicating with the outside world
熊孩子!我们与外界交流的一种方式就是
is were doing more Facetime than we usually do.
更频繁地在Facetime上视频。
I miss you. I miss you too.
我想你。我也很想你。
She spent like an hour with her friend on Facetime today and
她今天和她的朋友在Facebook上视频了一个小时
I had a moment of guilt because Im like, shouldnt she be doing ABC, 123?
我有点愧疚,因为我觉得,她难道不该去做英语和数学作业了?
And then Im like, but the girls missing her friend.
但是我就想,她想她的朋友了。
Alexa, let it go.
亚历克莎,算了吧。
We dont realize how important things are until something happens
直到这一刻我们才知道生活多么重要,
and we take so much things for granted everyday.
我们把生活中的很多事都变成了理所当然。
So, while the situation is extremely tense,I think that its pretty incredible to see how everyone is coming together and banding together to work through this.
所以,虽然现在情况很紧张,我认为看到每个人都聚在一起,团结起来共同努力度过难关是非常不可思议的。
Hi everyone. This is Mrs. Johns. I teach kindergarten. Im going to read a book called, "Too Pickley!"
大家好。我是约翰老师。我在幼儿园教书。我要给大家读一本书,《太挑剔了!》
Its for all you picky eaters out there. Too burpy.
这是给所有挑食的小朋友念的。太饱了。
Really cool idea.Her teacher, not her teacher, the room parent came up with, to write letters to her friends
很棒的主意。她的老师,而不是她的老师,家长联络人想到了写信给朋友,
but also to write letters to a nursing home
还可以写给在养老院的人,
so that they arent as lonely,
这样他们就不会那么孤单了,
which I thought was just such a really, really cool concept. So, shes writing letters as we speak.
我认为真的是个很好的点子。我们说话的时候她就在写信。
Dear Claire, Im missing you. Im sad that you couldnt tutor me. I want to stay home so you do not get sick. Love Alyssa.
亲爱的克莱尔,我想你了。你不能教我我很伤心,但我想呆在家里, 这样你就不会生病了。爱你的,艾丽莎。

点击加载更多